Thursday, August 14, 2014

The 2nd Manila Folding Bike Festival

This is a super late post. Last June 21, Folding Bike Pilipinas (FBP) and other bike clubs around the Metro held the 2nd Manila Folding Bike Festival at Tiendesitas mall in Pasig City.
There were many retailers selling bike related products like helmets, jerseys, shirts, bike parts and leather accessories.
But the main draw of the festival was the bike show. There were different categories of all wheel sizes, from as small as 14 inches up to 26 inches. For some weird reason, there were a lot of Brompton entries. 
Photo courtesy of Tonnette Jacinto.
As an FBP member, I volunteered for the festival and got assigned to guard the bike show entries. Not much work really, just made sure the bikes were properly entered at the registration booth and they were set-up on the right place.
Photo courtesy of Tonnette Jacinto
The festival ran the whole day that Saturday, but I wasn't able to stay 'til the end because I had another activity with my family. Anyway, aside from the bike show and the trade booths, FBP also also ran a raffle, giving away all sorts of prizes. 
Congratulations to the event's organizers. You know who you are! Job well done, and can't wait for the next folding bike festival scheduled for 2016!

8 comments:

  1. Hello sir! This blog is very informative. I've been wanting to purchase a folding bike for myself too, but I'm a bit concerned about which one to get since I'm planning to ride it on both cemented roads/pavements and trails (nothing extreme though, just the typical province type of ground). I've been eyeing Doppelganger ones and they look really sturdy. May I ask for a recommendation around the 10-13k budget mark? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Stephan! Doppelganger is a good choice! I think the brand has models around the 10-13k range. Another option for you is Peerless. Matibay din.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply, sir! Are foldies good for trails too? Or do I have to change to specific tires pa? How about folding mountain bikes? Are they any good?

      Delete
    3. Kaya ang simple trails, but not rough ones. And dapat palitan ang slick tires for knobby tires. May mga folding mountain bikes but they are a bit more expensive. I think Montague makes solid folding mountain bikes. Dahon also.

      Delete
  2. Good Evening Sir Kris,
    I'm Paul Daniel Boma, a student at De La Salle - College of Saint Benilde taking up Industrial Design and I'm currently making a thesis about foldable bikes and by far your blog is very informative. Is it okay sir if I could ask you a few questions regarding foldable bikes? I'll leave my email add here so we could have a private conversation sir. Hope to hear from you soon and thank you.

    Email: paul11067098@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sayang, di ako nakapunta rito. Beautiful folding bikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. Best Mountain Bikes Under $500

    ReplyDelete